Season Update 1

We finished tapping Sunday March 9th.  It took four of us two days to get all of our taps out.  We did around 1200 the first day and the remaining 600 taps the second day.

Two of the people carried tools and supplies to fix broken lines.  We walk the lines in the fall before it snows but there is always something new that needs fixing.

We boiled for the first time today and made about 4 gallons of syrup.  It takes quite a bit of sap to get everything sweetened up and draw off for the first time.  Now all we need is for the weather to start cooperating so we can get some more sap to boil.